- Contains some 6200 entries on different aspects of military
fortification in Europe between 1800 and 1945.
- Fortification of the major and minor European states: France, Germany,
Great Britain, Austria, Italy and Russia, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain,
Portugal, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia,
Romania, Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey.
- Composition of principal fortresses and defence positions.
- Description of individual forts and batteries.
- Short references to military engineers, designers, arms and armour
- Fortification terminology in English, French, German and